Saturday, June 21, 2008

consciousness and thinking and sutra 1.4

The 1.4 yogasutra tells me that unless “I” rest in this “seeing entity” I will easily identify with the activities of my mind.
It’s been the greatest awakening for me to discover that I’m more than my intellect, my thoughts, feelings, opinions and even more than my physical appearance. I love my body and it often is a shortcut for me into the meditative state that is yoga.
Kitaro Nishida gave me the words if this in his book “An inquire into the good”. In my understanding he describes how the intellect, the analytical skills we have is a separating power which allow us to classify and recognize maybe also remember (don’t exactly remember… :), it separates us from an object. And our consciousness is a unifying power, when we experience the world with our consciousness we are one, there is no object. He also describes how both intellect (I think he calls it thinking) and consciousness can evolve.
I’m so grateful to him for these words!
Get back on track jenni! Well I guess this sutra just deepens the need to explore my true identity, as the seeing entity, and minding even more my own work in the here (my mat) and now. Today’s class will continue on what we started last Saturday and I guess so will Sunday and Monday, but for me there is a meditation on staying in me, here and now not comparing me to others and exploring to have emotions, feelings and opinions not being them.
Instead of playing the role of “wanting”, “judging” or “needing” –
Loving what is!!
Namasté
Jenni Saunte

5 comments:

Jenni said...

After the classes I can tell that I got closest to working this sutra in the yoga nidra in the end (short form), where I accidentally choose to work with the mind in places where the mind (the “I”-maker) got to take a seeing position. In this way the mind could play along with the inner truth of our being, I felt a connection that was great meditation for me.

AutoDT said...

Hello Jenni.

'When you become one with Me,
you will truly have crossed the Bridge of Life, over the river of perpetual darkness and death.'
(Cyrus Rumi)

Namaste and honour to you.

Cyrus

ps. Your experiences into yourself are so fascinating!

AutoDT said...

'I' am with you in this journey
of self-realisation,till the end of time, and beyond.'
(Cyrus Rumi)

Namaste and honour to you.

Jenni said...

As long as the journey is self-realization the “I” will surely be with me. “I” better learn to love the gift of being “part of-“ (being “I”), it is a gift; a flower meadow we might as well enjoy. Thank you for giving opportunity to be a “we” -journey :-)

AutoDT said...

It was my pleasure.

Namaste and peace to you.

Cyrus