Friday, June 15, 2007

Dynamic


Lately my classes have gone dynamic. It tends to be that way when I’m in a stressful situation, like close to deadlines and a lot of work in other areas of my life.
We have been doing a lot of different sunsalutations, lots of standing asanas and loads of dynamic entrances to classical hatha asanas. Its ok, it kind of keeps me sharp and in the moment. Maybe my dance training shines through when I’m on autopilot,, ? To get some balance in this I made some classes, where they got down on the floor almost in between every asana, working mentally with the poses.
My own daily practise is influenced by Lauren Peterson, I’m just grateful to have a daily practise, it’s been one of these long “search my soul” journeys for me; to find what’s appropriate for my everyday and accept that I can’t do as much as before I have two kids and we live alone, so I’m just happy to have found my way, for the time being.

No comments: